45 dollar rent

Okay I have a friend, who has a sister who can never pay her rent every month.The family always pay the rent. She just started a job here about a month ago. Why does she constantly ask for help? My friend and her mom said enough is enough. They're tired of her leaning on them every month. I told my best friend to let her pay it or she get put out. I truly feel the girl is taking advantage of them. She keep her hair looking nice though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• She does it because they allow her to. It is called enabling. They can stop now or they can continue forever.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Her rent is only $45 and she can't afford it? It takes more than that to fill our gas tank.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• once they tell her she has to pay up or leave, she'll find the money....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You're absolutely right. Every month she tell her family she need the rent paid. The family is tired, and fed up. They told her today to pay or move. It's quite sad someone can be that lazy and irresponsible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My friend paid the rent two months straight, and her mom paid it last month. She keep her hair and everything looking nice, and that costs money. Moms we know it can be expensive to keep our hair looking nice, but you don't put hair over rent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• She needs to grow up, and her family helping her isn't really helping her at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• they are enabling her
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• As long as they are allowing her to use them, she will continue to do so. Im glad to hear that her family is finally putting their foot down. It's not right for her to take advantage of them like that. And I hope they can stand their ground, because she is still going to try and pull the same stuff again. And when they don't give in, she will put up a fight, try and guilt them, threaten them.. Etc. But its just because she is mad that they aren't going to take cate of her anymore. Being a mom means making sacrifices, prioritizing your life to put the needs of your family first, and realizing that its not about you anymore. I'm sorry but $45 bucks a month is nothing, if she has a problem paying that, i would have serious questions as to where her money is truly going.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• 45 dollars she that broke lol
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• The longer you enable a negative behavior the worse it gets.Financial Management classes maybe
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2011