When you had your child, did you realize how hard your job was going to be?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 12:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope!! And I even thought as a teenager seeing all these 20 somethings driving around being free was going to be so wonderful. I had no idea what it was like to work, and have bills and take care of a family....
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 1:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yes I think I did, although it is the best job I have ever had and I personally don't think it is as hard as some people think. I think you have to be open minded, creative, understanding, compassionate, and realize that children are people with opinions,thoughts, ideas, and personalities of their own. They aren't for controlling or following the dreams that I never did. I have always believed my goal is to teach them so some day they become productive, independent adults.

While it is a hard job at time, the good days far out weigh the hard ones.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Sure makes you appreciate your mom doesn't it?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Not at all. I had no clue..the months I spent not getting any sleep..the constant supervision, dirty diapers..but it was all worth it in the end :-)
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I thought that the mechanics (feedings. diapering) would be hard - in reality it wasn't that difficult. What I wasn't prepared for was the constant worry - it was a lot harder than I ever imagined. (And doesn't go away, my oldest is 13).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Never in a million years did I think being a mom would be this hard and full of worries!!! I am so happy I am a mom though, never thought I'd love it like I do either! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• The only thing that threw me for a loop was the sleepless nights, other then that i knew it was going to be hard but not hard enought that i wouldnt want more kids.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Being a Mom really isn't "hard" - in fact, everything has been pretty easy with my perfect Son. Hopefully it doesn't change as my Son gets older! lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• no lol not in a million years
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• When I had my first one it didn't seem hard at all. When I had my second one it was really hard.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2011