I'm selling my home, and the agent says we have to include our new fridge?? Seriously?

When we moved in we had to buy all of our appliances because there was none in this house. Now the agent says we can't sell a house without a fridge. This doesn't sound right! It's OUR fridge, I paid for it . It's brand new! I was taking it with me to the new house!! Can he do that?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can include the fridge or not, it's your decision. A lot of times the buyer will request that it remain and it's a point of negotiation. If you don't want to include it, tell the agent that it does not remain with the house. If he gives you a hassle, find another agent. He's working for you!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• well you have the choice of what appliances you want to leave if any. no you dont have to sell it with the house. most homes do sell with a stove and fridge but not always.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Im not sure, but if you do have to.. I would just go buy a cheap one and put it in and take yours with you. GL.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You don't have to include the fridge I think he is just saying that if you do include the fridge you can ask more.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Many people do include large appliances in the sale of their home- it is not a requirement though. I would take another look at your agent.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• That's not right- it's just easier for him/her to sell a house with a nice new fridge! Take it with you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• That's what I'm gonna do, cheap ass fridge and throw it in there. I see tons of homes out here with no appliances in them all the time. The homes we are looking at don't have them. He tried to tell me you can't live without a fridge or a stove, puleez, we did.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I am split here. I'd NEVER buy a fridge w/out appliances. I prefer to replace them on my own, slowly, so it doesn't break the bank

However, u bought the house fridge-less!

Consider it "negotiable". Making it damn near the same retail price. Then you can buy the new updated model
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• cornflake girl, that's not what he said. He said, "I can't sell a home without a fridge".....such bs. Why should I leave my brand new fridge if there was never one there to begin with!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Is there a fridge in your new house? If so just swap them.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2011