Why do I have to fight with her on every bottle feeding? is it due to teething?

she is 6 months not eating good at all and FIGHTS every bottle... we have the fastest nipple she can have I have tried sippy cups and she still screams and throws herself around and will only drink about half the bottle :( I dont know what to do for her but it is to the point I don't even want to feed her anymore!!!! I know I asked about the eathing a few days ago but what about the fighting the bottle? this is horrible my son never went through all this!!!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 12:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she's not as hungry as you're thinking she is. What's her feeding schedule? Does she have anything that's supplementing the bottle that's taking away her hunger, like cereal and/or fruits and veggies?
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• that sounds so frustrating, it could be an earache, the sucking puts pressure on the ear drums or maybe gassy, have you tried a new formula, good luck
    KPrice777

Answer by KPrice777 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• same problem. the fast flow nipples have helped a lot. the teething hurts them and latching and sucking makes it worse. just keep trying. take a brake for 10 min and then try again
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• When she is hungry she will eat. And she will eat how much she want and stop. 

Answer by louise2 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• louise2-I know but she acts like she wants more then drinks more then screams like it hurts :(

amybaby- no I have cut all other food out because she wasn't eating enough formula and she doesn't really like the baby food anyway.... she has been on this formula for awhile know and hasn't had a problem with it that's why I think it's teething but it is VERY FRUSTERATING :(

randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Obviously sucking the bottle is causing her some kind of pain, whether it be teething related, ear related or stomach related. She's telling you it hurts. If it were me, I'd call my pediatrician and find out if I could get her formula in another way, besides a bottle. When my son had all his ear infections as an infant we put his formula in his baby cereal, and spoon fed it so he didn't have to suck. This way he was still getting the nutrients but it wasn't causing him pain. When the earache would pass we'd go back to the bottle and he had no issues with the transition. Maybe until her tooth cuts, or the pain goes away, you could get her her formula in another way besides a bottle. And just to be safe I'd be getting her ear/nose/throat checked out by a dr. since not all ear infections cause fevers, and it might be something that simple. Better to rule out all possibilities then to assume one thing and make her suffer. GL!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If it is her teeth comming in? Then go buy that stuff to put on her gums.

Answer by louise2 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• she goes to the doc on monday! I was just wanting some advice till then! thanks ladies! I never thought of ear infection
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2011