What to do with my dd (7yrs.old)

I have lots of housework to do today but my dd wants me to do something with her I feel bad bc she will only be this age for a little while. I just can't get moving but sit here for awhile with her while we write little notes to each other until one of us comes up with something and at the same time I am talking to you ladies.
Thanks Ladies!tf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Play a game, cook lunch together, color a picture
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• why dont you get her to help with the housework? If its dishes suggest singing songs and blowin bubbles with the soap, if its mopping the floor, why dont you pretend your in a play of cinderella (she chooses!) and you act out the play, if its vaccuming, dance in the living with the music turned up and vacum and pretend the vaccum is the handsome prince coming to rescue you, if its dusting, make a race see who can dust the fastest, in the end, your house will be clean and you spent time with her, got some energy out and as a treat for helping, make some cookies together. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Definitely make a game out of cleaning. Share the joy. Right. Set a time and race to finish.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Crank the music and share the housework!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I agree make it fun for her to help!! Cleaning is a part of life something she will have to learn to do anyway. So show her how to do it in a fun way and its great for the two of you!!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 3:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Spend time together, do house work together, talk, listen to music. My kids all help with the house work that way we get done faster, we get to listen to silly music, or sing our own song. Today we played Snow White....lol My kids was the animals that came and helped with the house work. We had lots of fun, tons of laughing and finished the housework fast. Then we had time to play games and watch a movie, and make Valentine decorations.

LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 12:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• She can help with housework!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Have her help you clean. I hate to be rude and I know this is going to sound rude, but you are saying you have no time to spend with her, yet you are on cm venting. That time could be spent on your dd. Sorry to offend.
    Anonymous

• my dd and I got play games on HelloKitty.com or another kid friendly website. The other day we spent hours making cartoon dolls, lol
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• minimo77 got it right! crank the music and have fun!!! it will be done faster, and then you two can go do something fun!
    this summer i am planning on taking my two kids, 5 and 9 weeks, the dd will be older obviously, to a park and the beach and im going to take a crap load pictures and me and ds are going to make a huge scrap book together of our first summer with sissy. im also going to make one for them seperatly. maybe something like that?
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2011