if My 2 month old is sick should i take him to the hospital?

he has flem to the point that he can choke and im scared he will he has a cough andvomited

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO SHIT. GO NOW!
    Anonymous

• Call the pediatrician's office. A nurse or doctor on call will give you instructions. It is scary when baby is sick. Personally, I try to avoid the hospital because you don't know what other people have and how much sicker it can get you or your child.

I would start by suctioning out baby's nose and using a humidifier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Just push fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated. As for the flem sit in a steam bathroom with him for a few minutes, to help break stuff up, and as he coughs get it out of his mouth so he doesn't swallow it. If he gets dehydrated or has a really high fever you can try the ER but I wouldn't rush there now, he's liable to get more sick from the hours you'll spend in the waiting room. If you can get through the weekend with fluids and the steam/humidifier I'd wait till Monday and make a Dr. appt.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Sorry for the first response... we have trolls on the boards today, hopefully CM will take care of it..

However if a child is that young take them in... please!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Don't panic. Just call your doctor's office (or answering service) and ask what to do. Meanwhile, do what poster 2 and 3 suggested

Answer by admckenzie at 2:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I would take him to the hospital, yes......In fact, I would take him anytime I wondered because I'm not a doctor and I would take him even if it is just for reassurance....if they treated my like I was stupid for taking him, I would call them on the carpet for not doing their job correctly by disrespecting me...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Does his pediatrician have a doctor on call? Start there. If not, maybe urgent care. I do think the hot steam helps with congestion. Try to keep him upright a little more.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• id say go
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011