Prefrences?

My 11mo wants daddy and never me. Not even when she is hurting. My 9yo always wanted me, and still does.

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 2:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Children go through that, my son wanted everyone but me at one point, it did hurt, enough to make me cry at night, but he got over that phase. Your child, as mine and others, depend on their mom for so much for so long that sometimes they reach out to others to take a break from mom. Its kinda like us, how we need a break, but they obviously still have needs to be met so they take a break from us, but no worries, its just a phase and he will come running back to you when you least expect it. As for your nine year old, she must just have that personality that just really wants his/her mommy all the time. Good luck and keep your chin up!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Maybe you are stressed and she feels your tension.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I hope you are not thinking she is doing it to hurt you? One day she will only want you.

Answer by louise2 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... try not to take it personally... my boys absolutely love me, but I am also aware that they are young still, and there will come a time I loose them to their daddy and sports... hahaha

There will be a time your daughter prefers mom, especially when she starts thinking boys are cute, or becomes a woman, or whatever issues you handle better than her daddy! As long as he is a good role model for what a man should be in her future, don't stress and encourage her? Her daddy will in the long run be what her future boyfriends and husband are, so if he's teacher her down the road that men should "respect" her, that is bigger than a few hurt feelings now... trust me
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• this too shall pass. my son has definite ideas who he wants at any given moment. its all ok. she loves you as much as his dad. for some reason she is just bonding with him more strongly right now.
    momagain27

Answer by momagain27 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011