asking the Question again to get more answers.

So im asking this again because i only got 2 replys. .. My ultrasound said im only 6 weeks. It doesnt add up to my dates. I never had a period in October. My last period was in mid Sept. Im confused. I was wondering if anyone went through somethimg like this. Could the U/S be wrong by a couple weeks. Could my baby not be growing very good? It was my first U/S could my next say im further along. I feel way further along than just 6 weeks. Has this happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes it happend to me and I told my doctor there was no way it was right and he changed my due date. If you think the u/s is off more that 5days they have to change your due date
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• what do you mean...? They just change it?? Did another U/S say something different?
    Anonymous

• Yeah they just changed it.. and once I got in to the 2 trimester she caught up on size she was just growing slow I guess

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Well, there can be a lot of things going on. Keep in mind that your ovulation could have happened later then you're thinking, and you don't necessarily get pregnant the *day* you have sex. Sperm can live 3-5 days depending on the conditions. So that right there can make your best guess a week off. The early U/S is usually fairly accurate because the baby changes so drastically in those first few weeks. (Meaning a 6 week U/S and 10 week would be hugely different) Definitely they can and will do a later U/S to see if the baby growth lines up with your estimated due date. One more thing to keep in mind -- it's an estimate. A healthy baby can be born anywhere from 37-42 weeks, so try not to obsess too much over that single date. Ultimately the baby will come when he/she feels like it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would have to think that the ultrasound is more accurate because during early pregnancy the growth is very uniform. It starts with 1 cell that becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, and so on.
    People have different lengths of cycles, ovulate at different times and what not. Unless there's no way you could have gotten pregnant in the time period that your ultrasound says, I would believe the untrasound to be correct.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• NO! When you're that early in pregnancy, it is very accurate. Especially between 5-8 weeks......
    Anonymous

• And to the above posters. They generally change due dates by size as you get further along...not this early in pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• a friend of mine has an ultrasound done and the baby was measuring smaller than her estimate on when it happened. She was measuring about 6 weeks when really she was closer to 8 weeks along. The baby had stopped growing and her body miscarried.
    Anonymous

• oh no! I hope thats not whats going on with me! Yikes!
    Anonymous

• ive read that if your six weeks the baby is 4 weeks size
    but question the dr about it
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008