what razor do you use?

I just buy the generic cheap razors and SO and i share the pack. But my legs always develop a rash and get sensitive every time I shave. Even if I use a really really good moisturizer. I use good shaving gel. I saw some female razors but the refills were pricey! Like $10 or $12 for just 4!!! What's a good affordable razor?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• gillette fusion. the vibrating one
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I use Venus disposables.
    Meggie-May

Answer by Meggie-May at 3:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I use the Oasis. It's an 8 pack 3 blade for around $7. I shave EVERYTHING with them and don't have any issues
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i use the venus refills. u pay more, but they last longer and dont leave rashes like cheap ones
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I use the same ones my husband uses. They are Schick Extremes, and they are disposable. They are kind of expensive, but they last well. I have really sensitive skin and have had no problems with them. They do make a lady's razor. I bought some of them but liked the men's version better.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Gillette Fusion but the refills cost about $12 or so....but it's worth it IMO.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Venus
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I use the Shick Quattro (I know I spelled that wrong lol). It seems really pricey (it's one of those where the refills are around $10), but one of those blades will last me almost a month. I can't use any kind of disposable razor. Even the "good" ones cut my legs and underarms up really bad and give me horrible rashes. When I can't afford to buy refills when I need them, I just get some of the Nair or Veet for sensitive skin and use it. I've also found that I can't use any kind of razor with more or less than 4 blades. It HAS to be 4 or I get a bunch of cuts and razor burn.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I use Intuition razors (the ones with the soap and lotion attached so no need for shaving cream). I never get razor burns or bumps. They can be expensive but I get them when they are on sale. They last a lot longer than regular razors so I don't have to use a new one as often..

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I only use razors made for men, like the mach 5 or the turbo one that vibrates...I used my ex's years ago when we lived together and saw the HUGE difference. they usually have more blades so they shave better and it lasts longer. Yes, they're somewhat pricey- but I rarely buy the pack of re-fills (b/c they last) and in the end it's totally worth it. Also I skip the shaving cream and only use conditioner when I shave. Heard that one a long time ago through my job (I work in the beauty industry) and love it!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2011