Anyone know about ovarian cysts?

Had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago. The doctor did an US, found out that I have a large ovarian cyst they think is from the MC. The ultrasound tech showed me my right and left ovary- one looked like a peanut, the other looked like a large chocolate chip cookie . Dr said to US in 6 weeks. Every female in my family has had problems with ovarian cysts. Experiencing pain (throbbing) and I'm STILL bleeding- even worse than before. Has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst- do you know if this large amount of bleeding can be caused by an ovarian cyst- do you think should press the doctor to do something about it earlier? You can be honest with me as I want true answers- don't sugar coat anything- everyone is worried about me so I want to know the seriousness of this.

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 3:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• I've had problems with them and had ultrasounds. The doc had me on birth control for a month to help them go away and it helped. Birth control makes me ill so I stopped taking it after that and haven't really experienced much pain since. You CAN bleed from having one rupture but I don't think you should be bleeding a lot...if it continues and you're not on your period then I'd push for more answers.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had an ovary remover on my last c-section cause it had so many cysts on it. They really aren't bad as long as they aren't cancerous. I kept the ovary with the cysts for 10 yrs, and it was bigger than a softball. Sometimes they just happen.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2008