• In the Spotlight:

how do i make the skin on chicken wings crispy?

i use olive oil plus my seasonings and they NEVER end up crispy. how do you get the crispy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Fry them or throw them in the broiler for a few min
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i would fry them but i don't have a deep skillet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• put your seasoning in some flour, then dip the chicken in milk, then dip it in the flour and seasoning mix ,next deep fry it :)
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 3:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You can use a heavy pot. Be sure the oil is hot enough.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You have to deep fry them to get them really crispy. You can cook them in the oven at 350 and then turn the temp up to 400 for the last 15 minutes or so. This may help them to crisp.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Take a pan and heat up about half an inch of oil. Fry the wings in it, turning them over half way though.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mine come out crispy. I cook them on 400 with soy sauce and a little garlic powder.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Really crispy wings need to be fried - you don't have to have a deep pan, just pan fry them. It will make a big difference.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You can't get really crispy wings with olive oil. Use canola or another vegetable oil, and use enough oil to almost cover the wings. Only fry a few at a time, crowding the skillet will make them steam, and make sure you get rid of any moisture on them with paper towels.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• when I used to cook wings I liked them really crispy. I would lay them out in a baking pan and cook at 4oo degrees for about an hour, flip them over and another 3o minutes, then I would douse them with Louisana Sauce..I found if you sauce them first they dont get crisp
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011