what would u do?

My mom came to visit from Jan 5-Feb 12. She is still here. My husband went on training from the 7th of Jan and came home Feb 3rd. its almost 1pm and a saturday. My family (me, husband 3 kids) cant do nothing or go out because we have my mom here and it be wrong to leave her all alone at home until we feel like coming home. Shes been knowing this when he came back home from his 1 month training he would want to go out once with me and she would babysit and then take me and the kids out with out her. There is NO ROOM in the suv. we have 3 car seats in the back and then there is the passenger and driver. Thats it!

If she wants to use her own money to rent a van she can but im not forking over money because our money is only ours and needs to be spent on bills. The income tax money goes all to the bills to be paid off before DH gets out of the army. The rest we didnt use goes to savings. We have ZERO in checking. my mom is also bad off in money. she sold a house before she came and got $3k but most of it has been spent on the grandkids, groceries, gas for car for helping me and other stuff shes been buying. what am i to do? on friday my husband had to go in work at 9am. takes 30 mins to get there. he went in late because of her. she took the car to drop off my oldest to school (ACROSS STREET LITTERALY) SHE DIDNT COME BACK UNTIL 830AM. she had no excuse. she is nosey, she had no reason to park. all she had to do was tell my DD get out of the car and walk to school. they have a drop off area. instead she parks, goes in to be nosey, my dds friend wanted my mom to walk her in class. instead of telling the little girls mom no she doesnt. making dh late to work. then today my mom doesnt tighten the cap off the all detergent. i squeeze some out to wash clothes from the blue rubber thing. i grab it, put it on the shelf and all the detergent comes down on my hair, arm and bra. its time for her to go home!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• oh and she doesnt even say I am sorry to my husband for making him late. He didnt get in trouble from his sgt because a friend covered for him. She never says sorry to us and didnt say sorry to me either and expects me to check if the detergent cap is on tight. Um hello! I bought it, i use it, its half empty because YOU take the cap off to use it like to take detergent out and i dont. i use the other thing on it so you dont over use it and i spent 11 bucks on a big one and now its half empty. im paying for it so she needs to quit using it so much. Two, she thinks my dh has to say hi to her, me and the kids every single time he comes home from work because if he doesnt its rude. its his house he doesnt need to say Hello. Its not like she dropped in to say hi and he hasnt seen her. Stupid!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Whenever I have times that a beloved (older) family member is on my nerves or says something I dont approve of, I just remind myself of all the many reasons I love them. And when it comes to parents/grandparents, I remember the NUMEROUS times they put up with me & find the patience w/ them, as they did w/ me. She will be going back home soon, so try to make the best of it. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• That is a hard one. i defiantly wouldn't rent a van there really is no point in waisting the money. if she new about this before hand it really shouldn't be a problem and she should understand you need family time.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I agree that you do need to get out as a family since you DH was gone for a month. However, you also stated in there that her part of her 3000 went to helping you out some. You shouldn't be so touchy about the detergent and such. Maybe it was a mistake leaving it off. She is your mother and one day she wont be around for you and your children to spend time with. Make the most of it now and bite your tongue for a few more days. Take tomorrow as a family day and just go. Tell her you will be back at some point but you desperately need some family time. If she doesn't understand, then she can be the one upset about it.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 5:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• huntin_mama- I have my own money and i have put gas in my own car, i pay for all the groceries, i make dinner, i bought her plane ticket and paid her cell phone bill. Yes she paid me back but i do alot. we picked her up at the airport. i took her a bunch of times out to dinner. So Anyways! she is constantly doing something. She purposely does things just to do them. She had no right to be gone for 30mins to drop my oldest. I told her i would walk her to school and she wanted to take my car across the street. she said i will be back in a few mins and she didnt. she parked the car to take her in all the way just to be nosey. there is no reason to do that. Just freaking drop her off and go home. She knew for a fact my husband was already dressed in his ACUS to go to work. He was finishing his cereal and about to leave. he comes out and hes like where is the car. i told him and he was pissed. He could of gotten in trouble because
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• of her but she doesnt apologize. And i have to be the one to bite my tongue hunting_mama? I dont think so. i wanted some kind of advice and i didnt get none from you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• She should understand that your husband was away and you need family time. One afternoon isn't going to kill her, in fact she might actually like peace and quiet for a few hours. Then maybe she can keep the kids tomorrow night for a date then take her to do something special just you and her, manis and pedis maybe, the next day and I'm sure dh will understand and stay with the kids for an hour or two. I would just go with lets try and make everyone happy on MY schedule :) We've actually been in this EXACT situation lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well if you can not stand your mom and what she does wrong. Then do not invite her to your house any more. if you care to see her visit her where she lives. One word of advice remember she is your mother even if she does things wrong.You still should show her respect you would not be in this world if it was not for her.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011