Hey Cafemom Admins.

Can we just do away with the anon button on the reply status?

Allow people to post a question anon and reply back to their own question anon, but remove the option to reply to another's question anon.

I am sure that y'all are very busy and don't have time to police the rude people on this site so why not just remove the option? Obviously the point system did not work in making people earn the right to use it since they are still abusing it.

I'm not even suggesting that you eliminate the offenders profile or put them on probation since they can always just make up another bogus one and continue.

Before the points started allowing individuals to post anon, there were far less mean and rude answers and less sttacking.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• clapping

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• What is stakking?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• what did i miss
    was at library, come back get on here and all sorts of postings like this
    what happened that is out of the norm for cafemom?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• What is stakking?
    i think she meant stalking (typo maybe?)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Some people like it the button and don't abuse it. Why punish everyone for a few people acting like jerks?
    Anonymous

• LOL, attacking. Sorry I proofread it but missed that one.

I understand what you are saying anon but there are far more that abuse it than those who use it as it was intended.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Why punish everyone for the rude people? Why not just be an adult and ignore the rude comments? Some questions are personal and and ask about things that not everyone may want to share with the general public and with these questions come personal and private answers. If I were to share a personal experience that I'm not comfortable sharing with someone who knows me (and I do have family and friends on this site) I wouldn't post the reply unless I could answer anon.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• They won't take it away because if someone wants to answer a sensitive question, they might not want to do so publicly. And there are also people who post everything anonymously because they don't want anything "attached" to them on the internet. I agree with anon above me, you can't punish everyone for a few people's bad behavior. And nobody is anonymous to CM, they can see everything.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• You didn't miss anything fiatpax. I am just tired of all the hate.

A person asks a genuine question and it's like stink on shit anymore. It's like the mean person didn't even take the time to read what was written, they just have a need to make someone feel like shit.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yep, banana got it.
    Anonymous