What could this be on my dog's gum?

Actually it looks like a piece of her gum coming off it's purplish/reddish in color it doesn't seem to bother her but then again I am just going by how she acts she seems fine. it is weird bc the piece is barely hanging on I know I need to take her to the vet just to double check but I feel like pulling it off but I'd hate to do that and then there will be lots of bleeding knowing my luck I think I will just wait it out and see if it rips off by itself it is really thin on the attachment like maybe a string like but it is her gum.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pets

• I have no clue.. is there a way you can get a photo of it and post it, or something similar on the internet?
    Best bet would just be taking her in to see a vet. She could have just torn her gum chewing on something.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It sounds like she has a wart. It is a virus and most of they time they eventually fall off but sometimes they have to be removed because they are stubborn and won't fall off. However, that is just a guess so I think having the vet look at it would be a good idea
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Hmmmm.....I'd ask the vet
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011