Post miscarriage symptoms....still! adult content

It has now been 5 weeks since my natural m/c on Jan. 1. Af resumed 5 days ago and is normal like it had been pre-pregnancy so that hasn't changed really but my breasts continue to be sore/tender on the top only where my lymph nodes would be. They are tender when touched or not. This was my first symptom before finding out I was pregnant back in November and they continue to be tender but not painful. I was accepting this as my period hadn't yet arrived but now that it is almost over, I can't understand why they would feel like this?
I am thinking of calling the nurse at my Nurse Practitioner's office on Monday to be seen but wondering if this is necessary or should I wait it out longer? But, how long is too long to wait it out?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 5:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am not scared about this, just wondering.....before AF was here, I assumed that my pregnancy hormone (Hcg) was just not down to 0 yet but once your period resumes, all pregnancy hormones are gone, right?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your question. I hope someone else responds soon. Have you tried looking somewhere like WebMD to see how long the pregnancy hormones stay in the body?
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Could you be pregnant AGAIN??? I know it sounds weird, but it's possible.......I had a miscarriage a week before X-mas (years ago), but then conceived on Martin Luther King Day.......that's almost exactly one month to the day......
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Even after getting my period my hcg levels were not back to 0. It really took my hormones about 6 months to get back to normal and I had quite a few periods in that time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Your period does resume after your hcg has reached zero. However, bleeding can occur if all of the products of conception were not fully passed. Is your doctor checking your level each week? With my first miscarriage, it took 3 months for my level to reach zero....all the while I would have spotting when I thought I was ovulating and very heavy "periods". When he told me my level was at one and that I was fine, imagine my surprise when three days later I passed some tissue that was from my miscarriage. It will take a while for your symptoms to go away and if your doctor is not checking your level, I would request he does just to be sure. I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Thank you for all of your responses......I asked my Nurse Practitioner about checking my hormone levels when I had my post miscarriage appt. and she said it wasn't necessary???? We were told to just start TTC again as soon as we were ready. We have been since 2 weeks post m/c as it was a natural m/c and not nearly as traumatic as my first m/c. My hormone levels are maybe not back to normal as my breasts are still not 'back down' to their pre pregnant size and they continue to be sore. AF has now lasted 6 days which is normal for me and it wasn't any heavier than before so was hoping that all my symptoms would be gone by now.......I may have to ask about getting my levels checked and push for it this time just to give me peace of mind that my body is resuming to its' normal pre pregnant state. I don't think I am pregnant again. I took a pregnancy test days after I m/c in January and it was a light pos., took another one
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• a week later and there was no line at all so I had high hopes of my hormone levels dropping quickly even then (which was 4 weeks ago). I didn't think it was worth wasting $ on another test as it would give me the 'hope' that I was pregnant again (as I have read that it is possible if I was indeed ovulating so soon after the m/c). I did get AF this week so I am thinking 'no'.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• It's totally normal to be tender after m/c. It can take up to 6 mo. for your hormones to get back to normal. Having a period doesn't mean your hormone levels are back to normal, it just means that the hcg and progesterone in your system has gone down enough for you to have a period. It's also not impossible for you to be pregnant. I had a m/c, had a regular period and then was pregnant again right away. good luck!
    Debi73

Answer by Debi73 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Of course, I hope that will happen for us! We m/c in June, then I got pregnant 4 months later but m/c just a month ago. We have been told to keep trying as these are 1st trimester losses which are most likely due to a chromosomal abnormality with the babies, and we are getting pregnant! It is just maintaining the pregnancy that seems to be tricky for me :) Here's hoping we have a h & h nine months with the third pregnancy.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011