Baby sitter

How often, if ever, do you have someone outside of your home watch your child(ren)? Ever to go out and just have fun or just for when you have work?

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 11:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never,..they are my kids my responsibility....if they cant go where i am going then i dont need to go
    Anonymous

• my kids go to daycare for about 3 hours, 3 days a week (if that). this is a new development though, and it is just for work. as for going out well, that is every few months for a couple of hours, and they are usually watched by grandparents.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• about once a month my husband and I try to go out. My husband was around before my kids where and it is still extremely important to us to have date nights every now and then.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 11:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• every other week my kids get watched by a babysitter for a couple hours
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF,IF YOU TRUST THE PERSON ~
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We have grandparents watch the kids at least once a month so we can have a date night. This past month we went away for a whole weekend and my inlaws kept the boys. It was wonderful. I think that it is very important for my husband and I to stay connected and have time without the kids once in awhile.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My daughter goes to Preschool two days a week for 6 hours each time. We also have an in-house mother's helper 1 day a week. Both DH and I work at home and need to have time to do our jobs. As for date nights, we have one a month basically. Either our mother's helper comes over for that Saturday night or we take our daughter to her Godparents to be watched.

We made the decision that we would always have a date night once a month long before our daughter came along. Most of the time she goes with us places or we don't go. So one night a month is not a bad thing for us to have time to just be together as husband and wife.
    lisemicheal

Answer by lisemicheal at 11:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2008