ok I am looking for ideas for my husbands lunchbox. I am tired of fixing the same thing, any thought?

yankeylover20

Asked by yankeylover20 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If he would eat the same thing for lunch I wouldn't care. My DH brings left overs, or tv dinners for lunch,they have a microwave at their job.

Answer by louise2 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Cold pasta salads....chicken/turkey/ham salad w/ crackers or on toast....a big chef salad
    Dinner left overs.....
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You can get a thermos so he can bring in stuff you heat and put in the thermos -
    leftovers, soup, canned noodle stuff, mac and cheese, etc

Sandwiches (obviously)

Hearty Salads (if he'll eat them) - the kind with steak or Buffalo chicken on them and stuff

Anonymous

• i give left overs lol he gets what he had for diner lol ...
    Anonymous

• I always make extra dinner, then he takes that with a salad, and fruit!
    LauraD9

Answer by LauraD9 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Those are alot of good food ideas above, to make it interesting you could put a little love quote notes everyday, that would be something new.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my hubby either takes leftovers or i get him the baquet micro dinners, they are cheap and he seems to like them. the love note is a geat idea! i don that every once in a while so it's always a surprise.
    maddismom247

Answer by maddismom247 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You could make the sandwiches interesting by using different breads...like the half pitas, tortillas,
    pumperknickle, rye or sourdough breads. Fix the sandwich like a sub. Stuff bell peppers/ or tomatoes with cold or salad ingredients or cook them with rice/beef/chicken/shrimp mixtures. Change the potato chips style not just the flavor. Surprise him with exotic fruit (they may cost a little more but the response could be worth exploring. Have fun packing the lunch! Pack you one also and eat lunch by webcam. Think outside the lunchbox! :))
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 10:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I love the thermos suggestion now that it is getting colder out...he will want some hot food. I suppose I'm lucky...my SO would eat garbage and the only complaint I would get is that he wanted more next time...lol. I buy a lot of the individual chips and snacks to put in lunches because they keep and you can get some variety.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• mine works 3rd so he doesn't want something really heavy, we have the big meal for lunch. he usually takes jello and pudding (sugar free). sometimes he'll take a sandwich, occasionally leftovers. he does like when i make tuna and i'll put it in a small bowl, with bread in a baggie. it keeps the bread from getting nasty. there's also individual microwave soups that you can buy if he has a microwave handy. for a treat i stick individual candy bars in there.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2008