How much is too much bleeding during early pregnancy?

I am 7 weeks pregnant with baby number two. I didn't have any bleeding at all with my first pregnancy, so I don't know what to think. My doctor's office closed down in January, and in the meantime and I don't have a new one to call yet.

SO and I had sex this morning, it did hurt a little, so we stopped. I went shopping, and when we got home I went to the bathroom and wiped some blood. There wasn't a lot, not enough to get into my panties, but it was there when I wiped. I'm worried, I don't know what to think. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The cervix is very tender in pregnancy, I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant with my first. DF and I were told to abstain from sex for a few weeks, which we did and all was fine. I'm not saying that is what happened with you. If you are worried, I would go to the ER just to be sure. And def go if you start cramping and the bleeding gets bright red or clotted.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 6:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Get yourself to the emergency room then.  No one can tell you exactly what is wrong with you here.  We can only give our opinions and since we can't even look at you, I wouldn't take that too seriously.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Are you cramping at all? Was it bright red, brown or pink? Id be doing a lot of research on obs in your area, that way when monday rolls around, and if you are still having issues, you can contact one.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• DH probably bumped the cervix too hard. Even a slight bump when pregnant can cause bleeding due to the extra blood and other fluids.It doesn't sound like enough to be real concerned over right now, but ask your OB next appt. If it gets worse put in a call or head to the ER.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No cramping. pinkish blood.

I have been trying to find an OB the last few weeks. I was trying to get feedback from other mom's before I called one, but it looks like I shouldn't wait any more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• This happened to me when I was around 10 weeks. My DH and I had sex, then a lot of cramping and bleeding. I went in the next day for an ultrasound and they found that I had placenta previa.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• call your doc see what they say. then get your self in. it could just be hemroids but it could be worse
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2011