Custody Agreement

I want to have another child and my husband does too but he wants us to work out a custody agreement first. Like a prenup but for our kids. He says it will help him feel more secure in our relationship and it wil be better than if we did decided to spit up we would have worked it out while we were still civil and not trying to screw the other person over because our marriage failed. We do not have a prenup even though he wanted one, and I can understand his take on this but it still feels weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• reminds me of a divorced couple I know. They have a daughter. And the reason for the divorce ended up being he was gay. she didn't know
    Anonymous

• Umm Yeah that is very weird.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Um, I wouldn't have any other children if this is how your relationship is going.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It sounds really weird. It sounds as if he is almost planning on ya'll spiltting up and just wants to get a baby out of you first
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I would tell him No b/c what if you split b/c he turns out to be a cocaine addict? then you already have an agreement saying your kids go there every other week or whatever and it takes a month or more to get into court to change it?
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• it is weird, and i wouldnt be having any more kids with such a man planning for a break up already
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 6:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• sounds weird too

i would not be feeling in the mood to create a child with this situation on my mind
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Very strange. I guess he doesn't believe in forever?
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 6:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Wait a minute. You already have kids together and this comes up when you talk about having another one? That's strange. How is the rest of your relationship going? If things are a bit rough, I would wait on the baby thing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• you have a family thinking that you will last forever but in this day and age, you just never know, i would only say that to my husband if i knew i didnt love him like i should. we decided to have kids out of love, not because we were worried one of us would bail and leave.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2011