Looks like Obama has found a way to fix those pesky problems with the TSA.

Unionize them...... Do you feel safer now? Payoffs are just so sweet.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/napolitano-wants-unionize-tsa-employees-despite-safety-concerns

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Uhhh......Hate to burst your Obama blasting bubble, but that article was written over a year ago.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well that's just great! Since I'm flying cross country soon it's sure nice to know that my ass is safe! WTH!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Why would being unionized make you less safe?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Uhhh..layh

TSA screeners can now unionize

* February 5th, 2011 11:56 am ET

http://www.examiner.com/labor-relations-in-miami/tsa-screeners-can-now-unionize
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

Because unions are full of lazy people who are nearly impossible to fire no matter how worthless they are or what they screw up.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well, then, THAT is the article you SHOULD have posted the first time!! Thank you!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• TSA workers are have always been lazy. There are thousands of pics of them sleeping on the job.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My goodness Carpy.

"Because unions are full of lazy people who are nearly impossible to fire no matter how worthless they are or what they screw up."

It's so sad that you feel this way. You think you are so smart, but you just prove how ignorant so many Americans are. I know you know that statement isn't true. So many union members are not lazy. I'm sure many are but you overgeneralize in almost every sentance you type. I was part of a union before I became a SAHM, I was NOT lazy. I did my job without my bosses telling me to. I certainly was not a worthless employee. I never ever hid behind the union.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It's so sad that you feel this way. You think you are so smart, but you just prove how ignorant so many Americans are. I know you know that statement isn't true

I was in a union for 10 years and my husband is retired UAW, and I can attest first hand that there are a LOT of lazy people in the unions.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• So many union members are not lazy. I'm sure many are but you overgeneralize in almost every sentance you type. I was part of a union before I became a SAHM, I was NOT lazy. I did my job without my bosses telling me to. I certainly was not a worthless employee. I never ever hid behind the union.

I did NOT say ALL. I said a LOT and that is because a LOT are. Just because YOU were not one of them does NOT tale away from the fact.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011