How many of you own guns? Does SO?

Are you for/against? I love to hunt. I own a .357magnum for hunting and protection, a 12 guage shotgun for bird hunting where I live now and deer hunting where I used to live, and a .270 rifle for deer, beat, cougar, coyote, etc hunting.
My SO owns way too many to count.
I would like to get a .22 pistol and a .22 rifle and maybe a .22-250 for varment hunting.

I'm sure a lot of you don't agree with owning guns but for us it's a way of life to hunt to supply our freezers with food as well as controlling the unwanted critters such as ground squirrels who make holes that break horses legs and the coyotes who terrorize our dogs and cats.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 7:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We own a handgun, for peace of mind. It is safely where no children can get to it, and the ammo is stored in a seperate location When we lived in Alaska, we owned rifles as well. I miss going shooting out on our property, and look forward to getting back into it someday!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• nope,not our thing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I don't have one at the moment, but I would love to get one again. I had one for years and my DH made me get rid of them. But I love to shoot and would like to go back to having a handgun in the house...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• we dont own guns yet but i have been hunting since i was young. its a great family outing the kids and adults that dont hunt can play at camp while the others are out hunting. and its great bounding when the kids get older. so i am for guns for sure.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Personally i don't care for guns but I'm not against them as long as the person who owns them is educated enough to know how to take care of them and how to be safe with them. My husband has been talking about getting a gun so he could go hunting with his father. So there is a chance in the future that there will be gun in our home. I just asked that if my husband gets a gun that he keeps it locked at all times because we have young child in the house and the bullets are stored some where else and that he take a gun safety class.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• We own several. My hubby & i like to collect & of course we both are trained on how to use them properly. They are locked away in a gun safe.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My husband has....3 I think. We grew up in hunting families, though I don't hunt, I hope one day my son will (plus anymore children we have in the future). I wish I would have learned growing up!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I do have them locked away in a safe place the kids could never access but...I do keep my ammo in the same place b/c what good would owning a gun do you if you can't access it when an intruder comes in? Do you think he'll wait when you say "Hang on, let me get my gun and ammo"? I keep my .357 in my truck at all times and carry on my hip sometimes but I'm looking to get a smaller handgun for carrying purposes.
    huntin_mama

Comment by huntin_mama (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I love my 32 keltec for everyday carrying. Its small and I actually carry it between my boobs.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My husband has a couple, one for protection (heaven forbid we ever need it), and one for "hunting". He never hunts, though, so it basically just collects dust. Both are WAY out of reach of my son and are not loaded.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011