staying busy

im pregnant and have dicided to be a stay at home mom. i love the idea of it when the baby comes but im going crazy right know. i get the house clean and tack care of my SO but when im done i have nothing to do and since this is the first time since i was 16 that im not working i feel like i need to get a at home job to help with bills dose anyone have ideas on at home jobs and or things to keep you busy?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

I strongly recommend keeping a toe in your old career, with volunteer work or consulting

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Hobbies! Finding something you really love to do will help you chill/clear your mind after baby is here too. Enjoy the free time you have now - I know that sound so cliche, but it's true. After baby is here, you will long for a chance to just veg on the couch or take a nap! But it's good to find a hobby you can do at home that you will really enjoy, whether it be crafts, reading, writing...those all sound like boring suggestions, but you will find something you love, I'm sure. :) Haha. You could also find fellow mommies-to-be in your area to meet up with, sign up for a class in something you've never tried before, etc. The sky's the limit! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Hobbies.
    You can sell things like Avon. You can sell homemade items on Etsy.com. Or you could babysit other kids (that requires a license and home inspection). Etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• ya right know my only saving grace is that my bf/ sis lives next door and she is prego to. I just got a new camera so as soon as my jeep is up and running im getting back into photography which should keep me busy at least a little longer
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• if you think you need to help, the best thing to do is to do something from home so you dont spend all your money on child care. babysitting is good if you want to take that up. those online things..i dont know about them. selling Avon maybe?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i havent thought of avon thats a good one. since my sis is prego to i was thinking of baby sisting hers it helps her out cause its cheeper and her work ours are so ruff and it helps me cause it gets gas money and things like that
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2011