Propose?!?

When your husband proposed, was it a "down on one knee"traditional proposal, or was it just an agreement that you were engaged and you set a date but never actually went all out with the proposal?!?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• He got on one knee. If he didn't I'd have killed him. But some men aren't like that--and doing it their own way can be equally romantic.
    Anonymous

• down on one knee. However, we definately agreed we were going to get married. ;) He came to my house before so we could sit down and talk to my parents.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• he laid on the bed with me and asked. It sounds wrong but I was in bed sick. He planned on waiting to ask when we would be out on a romantic date. But he didn't like my state of misery and gave in. lol. it was sweet though.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• A little of both. He got me away from my abusive ex, and it was understood that we'd get married as soon as we legally could. I remained on good terms with my ex's family, and I had actually just gotten off the phone with my ex-mil letting her know how the hearing went the day the divorce became final. He came up to me while I was sitting down, got down on one knee and proposed. We both started crying. It was beautiful, and we were married just over a month later. His tears were evident then too, and it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I love him so much!!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We just agreed to it.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 4:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• No down on knee, we were just back from washing his car and he said we should get married. I had to ask if he was proposing, and he said he was.

Answer by Bmat at 5:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my husband was drunk asa skunk when he proposed ... he still feels terrible about that.
    Anonymous

• First, he talked to my parents. Then, he got down on one knee. It was lovely.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We set a date to get married and we have changed it twice to make it earlier we are getting married in five days .
    Anonymous