Do you prefer home made or store bought things like dips, sandwich spreads, etc.?

I prefer store bought for some things (like hummus, because I haven't been able to successfully make any yet lol), but I usually like to make my own (salads, like tuna, chip dips, etc.).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If I'm the one cooking, definitely homemade; if my friend Jayne is the one cooking, store-bought; most other people, homemade.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'll buy a meat tray and add cheese cubes that I cut. I'll make the veggie platter and purchase the dip for it. I'll make the chili/cheese dip and everything else tends to be from the store. Though, if hubby chooses to make brisket or hamburgers...he gets to do that part.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Really depends what it is. There's a couple of store-bought chip dips that I couldn't replicate if my life depended on it, but there's other stuff I've made just off the top of my head that I know I could never buy anything as good.
    Anonymous

• a little of both
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 9:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm hummus impaired, too. I've actually only tried it from scratch twice, but I think my issue is the recipe I have so I want to poke around and find a better one before I try again. Aside from that, I prefer scratch.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Prefer scratch
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2011