Did you/do you work out while pregnant?

If so, what kind of exercise?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did a pregnancy work-out video. I don't remember the name, but I rented it from the library. It had different work-outs for the different trimesters. It was kinda a mix of pilates and aerobics.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I do different things but mostly i go for a walk or i go to the gym and swim.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I did with my 1st pregnancy, but this one, I'm high-risk, so my doctor told me NOT to work out.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I did all kinds of things. I swam, lifted weights, walked, and rode my bike. I was cycling until about 34 weeks! It was funny to see me in my cycling gear on a racing bike, with my knees out to the sides because of my belly! LOL But I was athletic before I got pregnant, and I wasn't adding anything new.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I walked, but that was it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No, I'm too lazy :/
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 7:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I worked out 4-5 times a week at the gym. Pretty intense (but 140 max HR instead of 170-180) Our gym doesn't have a pool, so it was mostly stair-climbers, elliptical, treadmill and bike. Oh, and weights. Loads of weights. Not heavy ones, but weights nonetheless- just no belly or lying down exercises. Near the end of the pregnancy, I was extra-clumsy (and I am very clumsy to begin with!) so it was mostly the bike, which at least I couldn't fall off of.

Anyway, 3-6 times a week with my heartrate near 140 for 1/2 hour + the whole pregnancy, up to the final days (with #2, within 6 hours before she was born!). My obstetrician was THRILLED. And, I must say, unlike my 1st, no-exercise pregnancy, after they were out, I was up and about and wanting to run and jump and do everything the same day. I mean, NO recovery time. I was fine.

Highly recommended, so long as you're careful and listen to your doctor.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• The last two months, yes. Pilates moves .. Especially squats, leg lifts, and things that help open the hips and bring the baby down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No, I couldn't I was put on bed rest almost through out my whole pregnancy!
    Lady1ce

Answer by Lady1ce at 8:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i walked ALOT
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2011