What do you honestly think of V-day?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 7:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Holidays

• i think it's a hallmark holiday
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• A day to treat your SO like you should be the other 364 days of the year

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It is another commercialized holiday, that has whatever meaning you want to give it.

Answer by older at 7:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Another guilt trip day. More $$ for greeting card companies and flower shops. Job security for them I suppose.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have come to detest valentines day. No it is not sour grapes. My husband never fails to do something sweet in honor of the day. What gets me is there are people who literally do NOTHING for their spouse of the 'special' nature except on a commercialized holiday where you're being told to tell the one you love that you care. It just rubs me the wrong way. I have asked my husband for several years now to just keep it to a card and let it go at that. He does plenty though the year.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it's a fun little holiday to partake in, but nothing big. It doesn't hold a ton of importance for me or anything, as some holidays do, but we celebrate it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• We don't really celebrate valentines day, I've never really thought it was a big deal.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it is waaaayyyyyy commercialized but also an opportunity for couples to take a little time to express their love. Sometimes people need reminders! My husband tends to get caught up in work and friends and just everyday things and days/weeks/months pass without an "I Love You" or a kiss just because. He is not good with emotions and has always been one to buy me things to show me he loves me, though I would rather have the small things, I realize that is his way of showing love. Valentines Day gives him that reminder to do something nice.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It's not important to me. If DH remembers and does something nice or I decide to do something nice for him that's fine. However, I really don't put anything into it, since it's not a day for us. Our anniversary is OUR day that means something to us, so we celebrate that with one another. Doing something special for one another and what-not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i dont know i like ther true story be hind it well kind of its sorta morbid but its turned in to a hallmark holiday witch is bull
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2011