Aspartame withdrawal?

After way too many years being addicted to Diet Coke, I finally decided I just couldn't go on feeling sluggish and irritable, so I kicked my habit to the curb. (It's cold turkey or nothing with me, as I've discovered when I tried to "wean" myself off of it and just ended up drinking more than ever!)

My question is for anyone who has quit aspartame - did you have any withdrawal symptoms?

It's currently Day 7. I haven't quit caffeine - still drink unsweetened tea and coffee on a regular basis - so the only thing I'm ridding myself of at the moment is that damn aspartame.

While I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my energy level, I have also started having bad headaches, body aches, and an increase in mood swings and anxiety.

That's why I'm looking to see if anyone else has had similar experiences? Please share, so I don't feel like I'm alone in this unpleasant battle. LOL

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 8:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Though this ingredient is poison to our Heath with in time I too kick the habit I try lots of water now but every once in awhile I do have some soda. good for you keep up the good work ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Anyone else? :)
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I am hooked on coffee. I drink too much coffee with aspertame in it. My brand of artificial sweetener is Natra Taste. I get up in the mornings and have 3 or 4 or even 5 cups of coffee, and in the afternoon when i get home from work, i drink about 2 or sometimes 3 cups of coffee. That's alot of coffee and aspertame. I also drink alot of Diet Rite and Diet coke. But my main problem is the coffee. I notice that i do not have energy after filling up on all that coffee. And when i exercise, i like to exercise in the mornings, but when i get up and have 3 or 4 cups of coffee, then exercise is out of the question. I'm too full on coffee to work out. I need to cut out my coffee intake and diet coke intake.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2011