is it okay to sleep on my back

hello my name is veronica & im 13 weeks & i cant sleep good i was woundin if it okay if i sleep on my back would it do anythin to my bby>?

veronica2369

Asked by veronica2369 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Health

• It shouldn't do anything now if you do. The only problem is you HAVE to get used to sleeping on your side at some point during the pregnancy. Now, when youre slightly uncomfortable vs when youre COMPLETELY uncomfortable, its better than later. Get some pillows and try putting them at your back and front. Or put a pillow under your leg. You gotta figure out a way you can comfortably sleep on your side cuz the back thing won't be happening much longer.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 8:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thanks for answer my question ......... i man is a human pillow for me @ the time but my side hurts form sleepin on it!!
    veronica2369

Comment by veronica2369 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It's not until later that they recommend not sleeping on your back. When your baby gets bigger, it could actually cut off a significant amount of blood supply to your lower body, if it were in the wrong position.

I slept on my back straight through, but I was only pregnant until 26 1/2 weeks.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If you are pregnant, do not sleep on your back

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• @ rkoloms even if im 13weeks?
    veronica2369

Comment by veronica2369 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2011