scary symptoms! What do you think this is?

My DH has some strange reoccurring symptoms and I don't know what the problem is. Throughout the day he has an odd feeling in his chest like his heart will stop beating and then seize up and start again. On occasion he will pass out or fall over. It really scares me although he has had it for years. I am wondering what people would guess it is?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Health

• He should really get in to his Dr. ASAP! I have a heart condition and am now on medications to control it, but that is how I felt for a couple of years until they figured out what was going on. Things can progress very quickly, so even if he's been fine all this time, at any point that could change.
    Casofsteel

Answer by Casofsteel at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i had the same syptoms when i was prego and they tested me for my thyroid
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• maybe palpitations? but I can't imagine it makign him pass out. I'd really get him into the doctor ASAP!!!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• First go to the Dr , go to WEBMD, And go to the Dr

Answer by louise2 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Kind of sounds like panic attacks. I would definitely take him to the doc, or ER if that concerned.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• GO TO THE E R !!!!!! never play around with heart issues
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had the same problems I was diagnosed with a heart murmur, Mine is under control now but it could turn into a serious problem with out medical attention

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• def get it checked out but sounds to me like its either anxiety attacks or he could have some blockage.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 6:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• He does need to see a DR. Just the chest symptoms he feels alone, let alone the syncope (passing out)...he could have what is called Atrial Fib (fast beating of the heart) or a number of things.
    He needs an EKG and probably some labs or even 24 hour heart monitoring at least....
    nmwmom

Answer by nmwmom at 11:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Reasons a person may faint include heart problems such as irregular heart beat, seizures, panic or anxiety attacks, low blood sugar, anemia, and problems with how the nervous system regulates blood pressure. Some types of fainting seem to run in families. While fainting may indicate a particular medical condition, sometimes it may occur in an otherwise healthy individual (courtesy of Webmd). It would be best to rule out the more serious medical problems by going to see his doctor ASAP. Hope all goes well.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2008