super long "fertile time" adult content

I use the Creighton model for tracking (cervical mucus tracking) and normally have 4-5 "fertile days" in my cycle. Well this month we really targeted those days to try and conceive. I felt the normal ovulation pain when I expected it - but instead of having my "peak day" the following day the eggwhite cm has stuck around for another three days.

For a long time my cycle has been very regular - so I am hoping this weirdness is a good sign that something new is happening.... fingers crossed... but I figure I am reading way to much into it.

Have any of you experienced this, or know what could be causing it? It isn't any kind of sickness or medication...

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Good luck!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Cervical mucus is not a great way to determine ovulation. Your body could be under different stress which can cause your CM to be a little different. Good Luck!
    TheMusicWife09

Answer by TheMusicWife09 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I just wanted to share this link with some interesting information about predicting ovulation:
    http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/predicting-ovulation.html

My obgyn and my family planning coach both suggest the cervical mucus as the best way to identify fertile days and a peak day. Then we know that the ovulation happens with a couple of days to either side of the peak day.

I talked to a nurse tonight on a different topic (pain) and mentioned this. She said the same thing as MusicWife: that the prolonged period could be due to stress.
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2011