pregnant and my husband is stressing me out!!

just found out im preggers, going to the dr friday. this is my third and my husbands first child. hes very very excited and happy.  but not only am i dealing with general life stress like moving the house around, dealing with court shit with the ex, finances etc. hes driving me crazy!!! since we found out a few weeks ago, he hasnt wanted to have sex at all and hes so overprotective im dying. i cant use any cleaning products (and no, hes not cleaning anything!) i cant drink this i cant eat that i have to do this i cant do that. hes insane!!! im not fragile. ive been through this before and hes making me paranoid about how if i have a diet coke our child will have brain abnormalities. he tells me i need to think. now if (god forbid) anything were to be wrong with the baby, ill be convinced it was something i did. i want to enjoy this pregnancy and all i feel is dread. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly...id play it up if i were you. (yes im a terrible person like that lol) ...Id sit down and say omg hubby, im not feeling so well (which is true..i mean between morning sickness, bloating and everything else a preggo lady goes through its not lying!) can you please wash the dishes for me, i dont want to stress out the baby too much, pretty please. Or...my back hurts so bad, can you run to the store for me to grocery shop, i dont think i can handle lifting all those groceries. It gives him something to do, gets him off your back, and your allowed to enjoy your pregnancy in peace. I got my husband to get me donughts at 3am because i was craving them and as a new father to be...he was all into the if preggo women crave it it must be her body telling her she needs something..lol i needed donughts.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 9:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Guide-Pregnancy-Pregnant-Person/dp/0957952856
    http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Father-Be-Book-Survival/dp/1580629741

Give him something productive to read. lol. Maybe he will back off with some real info. though the first one is mostly silly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• All you can do is make sure he goes to the doctor with you. Have him write down every question he has. And you can bring up points then too. Like sex is completely safe. And you can clean as long as its well ventitlated and you wear gloves.. stuff like that. Just be happy he's excited. Alot of women don't get that.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 8:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2011