When do you think the binkie should go?

My daughter is four months and lovvves her nun-nie, (binkie) I always thought that when her teeth come in I would try to weine her, but I heard that its not the right time to do it. and kids teeth come in at different ages. When do you think a baby should get rid of there nun-nie?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 8:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ideally before 1 but that didnt happen w/ mine.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• IMO you should start weaning to bed only at around 6 months and then let them self wean from there. I mean what would you do if it was a thumb? A binki is at least orthodontic and less of an issue. Let her have it! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• my son it wa a yr old, cold turkey. dd is only 9 weeks, but plan the same with her, along with the bottle.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My son was 2 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• We took my daughter's away at 6 months during the day or when she's awake. She still gets it at nap time and bedtime and any long car trips (over an hour long one way, not just running around town all day) and she's 17 months. We don't plan to take it away during sleep anytime soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Before they can ask for it. After they can call for it you will have a harder time.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think that babies over the age of 1 just look taky with them in their mouth. They should be learning to talk and they cant talk with that thing in their mouth.
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 9:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Before they start walking

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• By one year of age. Later than that and it can really interfere with speech.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My middle child was the only one that used one. I let him until 9 months, then I started using it less. By the time he was 1, it was gone. I wanted to be sure to have it out of the picture so that he would be able to talk with out having it in his mouth.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011