Do you fear death?

I do. Maybe because I'm not religious. Probably I'm thinking about this because my mom died 2 yrs ago and today my dad had a heart attack and is the hospital and I can feel his fear and I know I would feel the same.

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 8:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not death that I fear but more or less not finishing what I need to in this life. Leaving my children is scary too. That is what I fear. Death is a natural part of life just like birth.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm sorry for what you're going through. Hugs to you hun. No, I do not fear death at all. I know that when that day comes, I will be dwelling in the house of the Lord for eternity with Him. I have yet to find anything that equals the peace of knowing that. Best wishes.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry for your situations.
    I'm not afraid of dying but afraid of dying before I'm ready.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• No, because I know I'm going to heaven when I die!! I do worry about what will happen to my family after I'm gone.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your dad is okay.

I don't fear death because I believe that when I pass away I'll go to be with my Heavenly Father, but I do hope it's not a painful or slow passing. I would like to see my daughter grow up and live a long, happy life, but I trust in the Lord that His will for me is right and He will take care of all the details:-)
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I'm really sorry for your loss *HUGS*
    I do not fear death, the only thing I fear is dying before my daughter is grown.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Me too.
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't say I fear it as much as it makes me sad to think about how sad my husband and children and friends will be. I just have a general sadness about the idea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yes and no. Sometimes I think of the people I will leave behind or that will go before me. I think of what would happen if my DH left before I do. But I try not to think about it too often. Hugs to you!
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 8:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it is pretty normal to be scared when faced with death. Would it help either you or your dad to figure out exactly what you are afraid of? I'm not religious either, so I'm not worried about what happens to me. But I am scared about what would happen to my son without me. And I would be sad that I'd be missing out on all the fun of living. If you can figure out what specifically is frightening, there might be some ways to make it less scary. I wish you and your father the best.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2011