bleeding for 8 weeks after having a baby

this is my second baby but with my first i bleed for only 5 weeks and this time im going on 8weeks is that normal?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 8:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Health

• I bled for 5 weeks with my 1st and 6 weeks with my second. It depends on the person. I would say that it is normal, but if it continues much longer, I would have it checked out. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• are you bleeding heavily? I def dont think it should be alot of blood. Call your Dr. to make sure
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• yep, and if you had stopped or had the discharge change to the yellow or white, and then start again, you could be having your period. Mine started within days of me stopping bleeding.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I bled for 4 or 5 months. It just really depends on the person my doctor said and your body regulating itself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011