Ladies who have had back labor help me out on this ...

I need you ladies to help me out just to ease my mind. I have back pain tonight, which I acredit to just everday life as a mom of two toddlers. However, everytime I have back pain everyone asks "Are you sure it's not back labor?" Now, I honestly don't think it is, but it makes me wonder "Would I even know?" So could you all help me out with this one .. I am just wondering if it's the same as stomach contractions or is there something specificly different I should be noticing? Just to help ease my mind .. Thanks, Ladies!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 9:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My back labor was really intense unbearable, stop you in your tracks pain. GL to you!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well, I had back labor, but the cramps started in my belly, then as things progressed, it moved to my back. For me, the cramps felt like intense menstrual cramps (I get mine in my back).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I didn't have any back pain with my first born but with the next 3 I did.  This one, my 4th, has been the worst.  Nope, I wouldn't know the difference either.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had severe back labor with my 1st son but it didn't start until my water broke and contractions were closer together.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had back labor with my second. I had been having severe back pain for most of my pregnancy but this felt different. It felt more "crampy", if that makes sense. It felt more like severe menstrual cramps in my back, rather than the back pain from the baby pulling on my muscles.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• IMO you would know. When I went into labor with my son, the pain started in my lower back, but it really wasn't a pain more like uncomfortable pressure. In the words of my older sister, it felt like "I had to go crap really bad." Sorry for the crude language. lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Mommy_Jules, no problem on how you phrased it. I think I experienced that feeling earlier, because I surely didn't have to go to the bathroom. I tried. Ha!

I just worry I won't know and then BAM I have to call an ambulance or something.. Haha Hopefully I can trust myself to tell the difference. Thanks Ladies!
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i had back labor... way worse with my first! and i felt like my lower back and into my hips were going to rip about.. it was a great deal of pain! even from the begining of labor my back felt HORRIBLE
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Labor with my second started normal, cramping in my belly. Shortly into it, I started having dull, low back pain that seemed to radiate into my hips and down the back of my leg. Soon after, I didn't even notice my contractions anymore because the back pain was HORRIBLE. It was the reason I took an epidural.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had back labor with both of mine. For me it started out as pressure and cramping in my back, and slowly got more intense. When they got bad enough that I couldn't stand up, I knew it was time!
    sugrpi_2

Answer by sugrpi_2 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2011