Would this hurt your feelings?

Simplified: I married my husband 1.5 years ago even though my parents didnt want me to. We had a destination wedding and werent going to invite anyone...but 3 weeks before, we lost our twins....so we decided to invite family. My parents were going on vaction the day after the wedding and were going to be driving right thru where we got married. They never told me they wouldn't go, they just didn't. I am still bitter about it. Yesterday, my dad said to my mom 'of course we are going to my nephews wedding next month(in another state), it isn't every day my nephew gets married'....Would anyone else take offense?

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• i would. sorry about that.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i would too that sux
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 11:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• AHHH! LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY WHERE YOUR PARENTS.. SO DAMN STRAIGHT I'D TAKE OFFENSE, YOUR THEIR DAUGHTER FOR GOD SAKE!!! PRETTY UNBELIEVABLE! THERE NEVER GONNA HAVE THAT CHANCE AGAIN!
    brownsugar342

Answer by brownsugar342 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• hells yeah!!! i would have said said something to them !!!
    apple-bee-13

Answer by apple-bee-13 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I was just reading a book about something like that tonight. It said that we make choices in life and it's our choice to accept being offended or not. I think it's fair to say that what your parents did was wrong (both times) and saying that to you was unkind and unnecessary but they evidently have an issue. Let it be their issue. Don't burden your life with their negativity. Live your life and love your husband and let go of the negative you could harbor from their immature behavior. You be the better person. I know it doesn't sound fair but why take away from the joy of your life to acknowledge and be down about them?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• yes i would
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I know how you feel, My parents did'nt come to my second wedding. My dad told me he had already gave me away once and was'nt doing it again and that he had to stay home and take care of his goats. I was hurt but I let it go, even after his death I'll never forget. My mom finally got to meet my in laws after 10yrs, she really loves them and wishes they would have made an effort.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• that is deffinately wrong but i agree with admckenzie push yourself to get past it..it won't be easy or quick but you shouldn't let someone else's cruelty keep you down to long..they will have to live with it for the rest of their life..if you ever do get the opportunity to voice how you feel do yourself a huge justice and tell them that you feel sorry for them knowing that they will have to live with knowing how they hurt you for the rest of their life..that's the best lesson my grandmother ever taught me "be careful what you say and do to others because you will have to live with it for the rest of your life and you can never take it back but most of all you will answer for it someday"..congratulations on your marriage many happy wishes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Sounds like they are passive aggressive. Sorry.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• HELL YES,
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2008