How do you dicipline when you don't know which one did it?

I am a single mother of 4 toddlers. This is a constent all day problem. (not knowing who did it) and I feel like my dicipline is really slacking because of it. They all point the fingers at the other one. I have two 4 year olds and two 2 year olds. I need so much advise on many levels...

tornadotwinsx2

Asked by tornadotwinsx2 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell them no TV/toys/playing until someone fesses up. Punish them all until you find out who did it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Punish all children. They will eventually learn to confess who actually done it:)
    CoopNBrynnsMom

Answer by CoopNBrynnsMom at 9:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My dad always spanked all 3 of us kids when he didn't know who was the guilty party!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Punish all. They will give up the one who did it, if not they have all suffered. Do it everytime and soon they will not want to be given a punishment for something they didn't do! Good Luck
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 10:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I don't know why I just giggled at everyone having the exact same answer. This is what I've been doing but not constantly. It just gets exhausting when it happens so many times all day long. And I feel like such a bad mother sometimes. My dad also did the same to us when we were kids. Why is that so hard to remember, when I need to remember it??
    tornadotwinsx2

Comment by tornadotwinsx2 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If one doesn't fess up they all get punished. It was a lot harder when they were toddlers (I had 3 right in a row so had a 2yo, 3yo and 4yo). They are 10, 9 and 8 now and I also have an almost 5yo (plus a 6mo). They all blame each other and then they all get in trouble.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2011