Help...has anyone else been experiencing "site maintenance" messages from Facebook recently?

I was logged on to facebook yesterday, and went to look at a friend's page who'd recently added me (who I haven't heard from in a few years). When I tried to go back to my home page an unexpected error occurred. The message said something like "we're sorry, we're experiencing an unexpected error, your page is down due to site maintenance, and should be back up in a few minutes. So, I went to the page where you submit error messages, and I sent in an email to fix it. I tried to log back in a few moments later, and got the message that it was going to be down for a few hours. So, I went to bed. It's now been over 12 hours. I emailed them again because aside of the generic email requesting a picture of the problem (which I replied to last night) there was no email traffic from facebook. I haven't gotten a response and I can't get on the site.
I had my husband look, and he said my site is down, and he can't even access it from his facebook account. I am very confused as to what is going on as I have never used my account for spam or anything, and I only have friends on my page that are people I know. Also, I know it's not an update your email address thing because the email address I have in facebook is the one I use all the time....
If anyone has experienced this or has any sort of help or feedback they can give me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

ladymomtraveler

Asked by ladymomtraveler at 10:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Technology

• nope. mine's fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Okay, I did a little digging. If the problem persists for more than 24 hrs (I've got about 11 left), then I contact facebook again, but I keep in mind that last year in october people had the same problem but for 10 days! I hope that doesn't happen to me. 1 day is long enough.
    ladymomtraveler

Comment by ladymomtraveler (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• good luck
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2011