potty training

the good of this : duhhh he is potty trained lol
the bad: i tried using pull ups and i tried using underwear and at first he would use both as a diaper and not say anything. he was very anti potty. so i took everything off and watched him.

that worked! he goes only in the potty and doesn't pee the bed at night or during nap HIGH FIVE!!! i am so pumped it is insane. however when he has to go he takes off his pants and underwear and doesnt even try to put them back on... doesn't care or in some cases want them back on. so i'm at a loss.. how do i fix this?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DS does the same thing!! I have to be after him with his pants and underwear to put them on. I wish I had some advice, I still haven't figured out a way to get him to put them on after wards. Just letting you know you aren't alone. GL!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well, I don't know if it will work for your son, but I just tried a psychological approach on my son (related to potty training, but not your situation) and was completely suprised that it worked. (My son is NOT potty trained yet, but the trick might work for you anyway). I said to him, "You should go potty in the toilet because the cute girls like talking to the big boys who don't wear diapers anymore." (He's not even 2 yet). I was really not expecting this tactic to work, but he jumped right up at this, and was asking me to help him get on the potty, and help him pick out underwear. Maybe you could tell your son something similar, like "the cute girls play with boys who wear their pants right"...or something.

Anyway, good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 10:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• lol thats adorrrrabllleee!!!!! i used/using the *ur a big boy now and big boys dont pee pee anywhere but the potty* tactic... is your son social? my little boy is kind of antisocial... i may try the cute little girls thing tho. lol i wanna see how he would respond
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it will happen on it's own. It's new to him. Congrats!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2011