Can you color your hair in your first trimester?

captainlove

Asked by captainlove at 10:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The experts are mixed on this. Most say its fine. Some say its better to be safe and not color until you are in second trimester. I tend to lean to the second school of thought only because if you were to miscarry, you won't beat yourself up thinking hte color had something to do with it. But with that said... you are always fine to do highlights/lowlights because the chemicals do not come in contact with your skin. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Thanks!
    captainlove

Comment by captainlove (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• im not sure
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• can you ask where you get your hair done at?
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I colored my hair like 5 times my entire pregnancy...and I did it myself at home. It did nothing to my baby..I had her 10 years ago--as healthy as can be. I also used Self tanner the entire pregnancy, and nothing bad happened. ;) I guess I am high maintainence..I'm the type who said to myself, "there is nothing wrong with looking your best, just because you are pregnant." ;)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2011