can i be pregnant with an iud?

i have two boys ages 5 and 6. i got my first iud after i had my 5 year old. i kepted it in for the full 5 years then had it removed and replaced with a new one. ive had the new one in for about 6 months now, but suddenly ive started "feeling" pregnant.. throwing up for no reason, pain in my stomach and very moody at times. i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative. im planning on getting an appointment to see my dr on monday, but i hate the waiting. ive heard bad things about people who have gotten pregnant with an iud in, and have either miscarried or had an eptopic pregnancy.. has anyone gotten pregnant with an iud and actually had a healthy baby? im scared.... any and all comments are appricated.

**part 2**

so this morning i woke up and was spotting.. mind you i dont get my period anymore since ive had my iud put in, so like 5 years since my last period, and this morning i woke up spotting.... what does that mean??

LuvingMyBoyz

Asked by LuvingMyBoyz at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you have a negative pregnacy test, you are not pregnant. But... IUDs do increase your chances slightly for ovarian cysts which can make your belly bloated, sore, and can even make you naseated. They will usually resolve on their own in a few weeks, but sometimes need to be surgacally removed. I have had MANY ovarian cysts over the years and it always makes me feel/look pregnant. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i got pregnant a little over a year ago while i had mirana.. i had a miscarraige when the iud was removed though
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Just because the pregnancy test SAYS negative doesn't mean that you aren't pregnant.  Wow.  I'm sorry, that's all that I've heard about happening when women get pregnant on the IUD.  I will bump you though, lets see if we can get you a positive answer!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Well, I am 34 weeks pregnant and guess what! I actually got pregnant on the IUD. I also had my IUD successfully removed when I was 9 weeks along. So far I have had a completely normal and healthy pregnancy. Good luck to you. I wish you the very best. : )
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I've heard that you can, but most IUDs will stop the pregnancy. I'd get checked because it could be something serious even if not a pregnancy.
    Rangerwife

Answer by Rangerwife at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• yes

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• thank you all
    LuvingMyBoyz

Comment by LuvingMyBoyz (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2011