Formula Issues, Please help ASAP!

My son is 2 and a half months old. He has been on Neosure (he was a premiee) Then Nutramaigune and now Good start SOY plus. He always has Gas and seems to be slightly colic. never sleeps more the 2 hrs stright and always seems hungry I feel as if he isnt getting full with this formula. He also Is pooping 8times a day and has a crazy rash since he has been on for the last 3 weeks. I am at a loss Idont know what to do. I am thinking ifI should just try Regular Formula....PLease help ladies I am so lost

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 10:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please talk to the dr first.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• He may be allergic to the soy. I agree with the 1st answer..talk to his doctor. Is he gaining weight? If he is gaininig weight then he must be getting some nutrition from the formula. But before you switch him to regualr formula..deffinitely talk to his doctor..Good luck!
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Talk to your doctor but if he hasn't rejected regular formula then he should be given a chance to try it b/c it is the next best thing to breast milk.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 10:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I had to stop breastfeeding and switch to formula (long story) but it took us some time to find the right one. Talk to your pediatrician they will help
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• you say he has gas and is slightly colic? It may be the bottles you are using and not the actual formula, what kind are you using? I heard doctor browns are great for gassy babies and also the ones with the liners as well, liners can add up in expenses but are worth it in the end. Do you make sure he has good burps after every feeding? Does he use a binkie? If so i found that the binkies with lots of holes gave my son more gas then the other ones with only two holes. I would talk to your ped, he or she will guide you in the right way. good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• you might try talking to his dr about changing to the regular formula, and changing the kind of bottles you are using ( i used playtex ones with these little bag things that you could swuish the air out of before you gave it to the baby (my first dd was a priemie) and i worked wonders for her.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2011