Am I already being a bad mom?

Even though I am pregnant I still love hanging out with my friends and going out. I go to bars I have went to a concert and a rave. Of course taking no drugs and drinking not a drop of alcohol only water =) Do you look down on moms for this?

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 10:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think going out and having a good time is a bad thing. Especially since you are not drinking and doing drugs. I would be cautious about putting yourself into dangerous situations...some of the concerts can get pretty physical depending on the kind of music. I think you should be allowed to go out and have an awesome time. Once the baby gets here you'll have a lot less free time..Have fun!
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think as long as you're not around a ton of smoke or putting yourself in unnecessary danger than there is nothing wrong with it. You should have some fun with your friends before your baby gets here. Because soon it won't be so easy to just up and go out if you want.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My first suggestion is to never ask if you are a bad mom.  There will always be someone in the crowd who thinks you are and they'll just bring you down.  Nope, I don't see anything wrong with still being active while pregnant.  I would be too scared to go to a concert or bar.  I would be worried that a fight or a riot or something would break out and I'd end up being one of the people trampled.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It's fine, as long as you are being careful......and you might as well be doing it now while you can, b/c when that baby comes, you will be home-bound for like the first 6 months, lol....I was supposed to go to a Madonna concert 10 years ago when I was 8 months pregnant, but it ended up being cancelled b/c Madonna came down with a sore throat, lol.......now can you picture that???? A big, fat mama (and I was!!), dancing 8 months pregnant to "Like A Virgin"????

teen girlteen girlteen girl

-Mother of Melissa, Jessica, and Erica

cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Be careful, have fun, and enjoy yourself. You would be a bad mom if you were taking your newborn to bars and loud concerts lol
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i never did it because i have been knocked over and banged in the gut before at bars and concerts... i would not do it because of that.. but whatever..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I agree with the other moms....try to protect ur belly esp at a rave but yeah try to have fun while u still can lol
    HayliesMama325

Answer by HayliesMama325 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• While I personally woudlnt do it- I try extreamly hard not not look down on women that do- I often see pregnant women in my bar, and even more often that that, pregnant women order drinks, though if Im the bar tender I REFUSE to serve them which is my right as bar tender, I feel that i have just as much responslibty, if not MORE responslibity over a preganant women in my bar, because obviously if she isnt watching her back, and looking out for her childs welfair, I will-
    Go out and have fun while you can, and still have the energy to do so- just make yourself as safe as you can be, because one good jab to the tummy is all it takes to hurt, or kill your unborn child- but you have that same risk walking down the street, or driving a car and crashing it, and a airbag getting at your tummy-
    Point is, your only a bad mom if once your baby comes out, your needs are greater than his.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I went to a bar or two (just water here also) when i was preggo with my son and i had a great time! The obvious keep your belly safe and use those instincts! Feel any danger, then head out! the only reason i didnt go back out to the bar or anywhere like that was because as a first time mom i was kinda always worried lol, and i had heard (dont know if its true or not) that severe loud music can actually hurt even a fetus's ears lol...like i said i dont know if its true or not but when i heard that and my heart was jumping with the music in the bar i freaked out like a hypochondriac and never went back lol. But more power to you! You wont get much more free time, have fun!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston. There will always be someone around to say something negative. I say have fun and be safe!
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 12:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2011