do u give money to homeless people ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I carry McDonalds gift certificates and I give a few "bucks" to the homeless I run into.
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have.  I am not going to act like I do it all the time because I don't but I have.  There was a guy who use to stand on the corner asking for money right by my house.  He had something wrong with his heart, was waiting on his disability.  A friend of mine had a room to spare, I got them in contact with each other.  He got over 60,000 when his disability kicked in.  He tried to give me the money I had given him back and  I wouldn't take it.  He decided to move to another state, the day he left he put a thousand bucks in my mailbox.  I was at that time seriously desperate and in a bind.  I didn't know what we were going to do.  He always claimed that my little money saved him but in reality, he saved me.  I'd give to anyone what ever I could.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I hardly ever see homeless unless they are standing by the interstate intersection. And I don't usually give them money. Bring on the down votes.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• it just depends on the circumstances and honestly the look of a person ( i wont give money to some young kid standing on the corner looking scruffy, but if its an older man or woman i might) honestly i tryed to give to people i see trying to help themselves....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, but I would gladly give food or something!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• that's a very heart warming story.
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• BigMomm4 that is an EXCELLENT idea!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have in the past. Honestly I don't see a lot of homeless people where I live now.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We don't to agencies that help the homeless

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• We don't have a lot of homeless people here, but when I see one and feel led to I will give them money. In our community we have more people who utilize food pantries so I donate to those quite often. The church where we have our girl scout meetings has a the largest pantry and we take in food items every few weeks to donate.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2011