While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby. ~Amy Spangler

I definitely know, and agree that there are many issues that mothers can come upon when it comes to breastfeeding. More acutely aware since it's my job to help fix those problems, and since with my second child I experienced so many of those problems firsthand.
I am an advocate and supporter of women who nurse there children period. I may have my ideals about exclusivity and duration and whatnot, but the bottom line is...if you want to breastfeed your baby AT ALL I honor you!!
I love this quote because it gets to the heart of what I believe to be true. Breastmilk is a babies true, natural, and best food source. To actively choose to not acknowledge this is what gets to me.

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 11:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I say to each their own.  Just like you are stating your opinion, other moms are allowed to have theirs also.  I don't care what other women choose to do with their breasts or whether they breastfeed or not. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I was only able to breastfeed for two weeks before i dried up...i wish i coulda done it longer
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• What's the question here? Not to be rude but this section is for questions, not soapboxes.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I never breast fed my 3 and 5 year old, and I couldn't imagine bashing those that choose not too... I remember when I brought my 5 year old home for the first time, hubby ran to the storeto buy a breast pump, spent $150, and it sucked!!! I remember sitting on my livingroom floor crying because I was too big and his mouth was litterally too small (I am down to a DD tightly after kids). I think that the choice to breast feed or bottle feed is a personal choice and not like it was in the "old days" of simple powdered milk...

The problems I faced arenothing compared to those with bigger issues than big boobs, like going back to work, because that in its self is a huge issue... jobs don't care you need to pump for a kid in daycare, and the market is tough... just blessedto not face that as a mom myself, and my respect for moms out there doing it..
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Some women just can't. And some women work and find formula easier. I've, personally, never understood this fight. Doesn't matter to me, though. Every woman has a choice and can do what they want.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Yes we all know breast is best and I'm sure pretty much everyone acknowledges that fact. However, it's up to the mother as to how she wants to feed her baby. You don't have to agree with the choice to formula feed but it's really no one else's decision.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• now there is a super rare conditions where this is not true but yes VERY rare. Here is a link on that.  My children all have had some allergies that I have altered my diet in order to breastfeed my children and it all has been worth it.  I'm huge supporter of breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding.

Anonymous

• I FF my DD for I worked, and formula was easy. She is 4 and has developed beautifully. No allergies, and really never sick. Now DS I have been BF for 8 months, for I am home. I am glad I can for it is easy, and CHEAPER than formula. DS takes very well to it. He too is developing very well, as did his sister. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I don't like it never did. I tried and the whole idea of it makes me nauseas! I was not breast fed, I was adopted! Now does that make my mother a bad mom because she could not, or should she have hired a wet nurse?!
    Anonymous

• I would have LOVED to have breastfed my DS, but due to health issues when I was younger, I wasn't able to breastfeed. I'm just thankful I have a beautiful and healthy DS.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2011