how can i get my daughter to start going potty on the toilet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• with both my girls i had one of those kiddie pottys and i had it in the living room. I let them walk around naked first thing in the morning and after each meal and then later on in the evening before bed ( i didnt have carpet at the time !!! ) but also when you go to the bathroom leave the door open and get excited when you go so that she thinks its a game. both my girls where trained by 2 but it also depends on the child... dont force it on her ... have fun with it... try sitting her on a kiddie potty and give her some books to look at ... good luck!
    mish_1125

Answer by mish_1125 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Im grosed out just thinking about it, nevermind swallowing it...ewww!!
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 11:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I made a big deal everytime my daughter went on the potty, and I also did a "Pee Pee Dance" every time she went in the potty. Also, I put her in underpants when at home. Yes, there were accidents, but it helped her to become aware of being wet. I think diapers are so absorbent these days that this takes away from them being able to tell when they're wet or not. I used to send her to daycare in pull-ups, but now just send her in undies and that helped her to turn a corner when not at home. Good luck and try to be patient!
    EmjayOT

Answer by EmjayOT at 9:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2008