Any ideas?

I have neuropathy, simple form is my actual nerve endings are going bad, ive been going to a neuro for this and we are still trying to figure out my offical diagnosis. I have a ton of pain every day. Im in my mid 20's and i cannot even do basic daily neccesities without problems if I do not take my medicine to slow the progression of this disease down every day. Having a two year old is hard, try running after a two year old when everything hurts so bad you just want to cry. I try to play with my son as much as possible, I try to always be there for him but i find im lacking. Its hard to take him outside because im afraid i wont be able to keep up with him and we dont have a fenced in backyard. I feel like he is missing out because of me. I feel so guilty. I feel like a bad mother. I try, we finger paint and draw, i read him stories and we play cars and puzzles and sing songs but i dont think its enough. I watch him look out the window and i want to sit down and just bawl. Ive been able to take him outside now for alittle bit because he gets stuck in snow and easier for me to be near him without having to run but in the summer im a mess, the heat makes me worse. I get my husband to take him outside, but my husband is really an indoors kinda guy and its always a fight. What can i do differently? I have no one else to help me take him outside other than my husband and he works most of the day. Anyone have any ideas? i just feel so guilty, i could be such a better mom but because of my stupid health issues im stuck. i tried "getting over it" i told myself to suck it up and deal for the sake of my child, i ended up needing my husband to carry me inside. I feel so pathetic and such a bad mom. Thanks for listening to my pity party ( im having a bad pain day lol and this always comes up in my mind on those kinda days)

Bobbysgurl

Asked by Bobbysgurl at 11:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there a teenager that you trust that can spend a couple hours outside with your child? Kind of like a mother's helper? Or another relative that would be willing to help out? It doesn't have to be everyday, but a couple days a week. You would be there but the "helper" could do the running. If you can afford it, day care or preschool for a couple days a week. That will give him the ability to run around, supervised and give you a little break so you can rest. All the things you described are good for a child and your child will understand when he is older. Don't be so hard on yourself for something that you cannot control.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I know your pain. I have chronic pain issues myself. Do you have a friend that has children that you could go to the park with? When my kids was younger I would get together with friends and take them to the park. Or I would take them to the school after hours, or during the summer, they are fenced in and I would just post myself by the gate.

LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 11:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thanks guys, i might do some snooping around and see if i can get a teenager in the area to do just that. It just breaks my heart i cant be the one to run and chase him in the park. but thank you both very much for such supportive answers. Ive been beating myself up for this for awhile.
    Bobbysgurl

Comment by Bobbysgurl (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011