can someone answer this for me? i cant find anything

ok i know theres a thing if a pregnant woman craves pickles something is missing in her system, i was just curious if theres anything like that when a pregnant woman craves mustard, cuz i crave it all the time, it makes me not have morning sickness anymore and my mouth cant get enough of it..i literally lick the plate when i ate french fries and mustard, could it just be a weird craving or could something be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't really know the answer, but I've never heard of a mustard craving meaning there was something wrong. But here's a bump, hopefully someone else is more helpful :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I've never heard of any kind of craving being the result of some deficiency. And honestly, with all the info available to us online these days, if you haven't found anything, then there probably isn't anything to find.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• it doesnt mean ur body is lacking someting or there is some thing wrong now if your eating dirt then yeah your lacking something.....and for the first 3 months of this pregnancy i could not get enough of brunos waxed peppers i ate 6 jars in 3 months and i drank the juce...there is nothing wrong its just a craveing and you and baby are fine
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Vitamin B6 Mustard is rich in vitamin B6 and that is something every pregnant woman needs maybe your prenatal isn't high enough in b6?
    Other symptoms of B6 deficiency your buddy may be suffering from are night muscle spasms, leg cramps, hand and feet numbness, prickling and tingling sensations, dry mouth so bad that no amount of water will resolve it and excessive urination problem and nausea and vomiting.
    So if the other symptoms fit that might be the cause.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• I craved mustard when I was Pregnant with my Son, as much as you are..nothing was wrong with me. *shrug*
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• If it stops morning sickness I would eat it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• confused

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ive never heard of anything being wrong with cravings.as far as it helping with the sickness its the vinegar in the mustard i was taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar it was the only thig thatwould help me with my morning sickness
    kaylamarie1987

Answer by kaylamarie1987 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• ya never know... i hated mustard until i was pregnant with my 2nd.. i loved it then.. i still eat it now but not alot,, i like it though... just some weird change in my body.. i dont think it was because i needed something
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 3:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2011

• if it stops morning sickness then that sounds like something is RIGHT!

I need to remember this for my arsenal when the sickness starts! ... note to self: buy some mustard!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2011