• In the Spotlight:

what do u think about me and the situation?

Im 19 and people judge me on being a parent thinking im too young and stuff. btw I will be 20 next month but i look like im 12 so ppl that i dont know think im really a lot younger than i am....honestly what would you think if u saw me (looking 12 years old) with my 1 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Who am I too judge as long as your child doesn't look mistreated or anything I wouldn't think anything - age has nothing to do with how wonderful of a parent you can be. My cousin is 18 and she looks so young but she has a 3 and a half month old baby who is the light of her life, she is a wonderful mother to her daughter
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't think anything as long as you were a GOOD mother. That is all that matters.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My two oldest were born exactly 2 years and 13 days apart and it happened before I was 21, so I guess I wouldn't think much of it. I am glad that I had my children so young, they really did make me want to be a better person and able to give them things and do for them. I always say my boys saved my life ( they're 27 and 29 now).
    niseylee

Answer by niseylee at 5:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would probably think you're young but it would make me happy to see you being a good Mother. But consider this....it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks ...what really matters most is what your child thinks of you : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• thanks ladies! nice to know someone doesnt judge me the way ppl around here do.
    My husband and i are very financially stable, we have our own house, we pay all our own bills, we live our lives for our daughter and as far as im concerned, we are better off with a baby than some 30 year olds are because some older women can be bad mothers just as much as young ones. age doesnt matter!
    Anonymous

• in all honestly i would look at you twice....lol

but then i will see alllll the fine winkles new babys give you and say...

OH WELL...SHES A MOM!! hahaha
    Anonymous

• I think for me it would depend on how the baby looks, if you're baby is happy and healthy and well dressed (by well dressed I mean wearing clean clothes) and that you are working to better yourself for yourself and your child and working to support your baby, then absolutely not I would not think bad of you at all.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't think anything bad. I get wierd looks too. I will be 23 next month and have a 15 month old son. I have looked the exact same since I was about 12..LOL. I wouldn't think anything of it and neither should you! A friend once told me that it's good for people to think you're a lot younger then you are. It means you age well....LOL!
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 7:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Well I'm 22 and my husband is 25 but we both still look 16. I still get asked what grade I'm in sometimes. We get double looks from people all the time but I've gotten used to it. I get worse looks if I happen to be out with my mother and my son but whatever. People are going to think all types of things about people, we all make judgements. I know how old I am and if anyone ever happens to have a problem believing it, oh well!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't think anything about it at all, but for a different reason. When I was 12 I would take my baby sister places with me because I babysat for my mom in the afternoon from the time I got home from school til she got home from work. Some strange people always seemed to think that my sister was my daughter and I heard some really hurtful things said about it. My own daughter was born 3 months before I turned 20 and I don't think I heard anything about that, but I assume if someone is taking good care of a baby it doesn't matter if it is their baby or not, the baby is being loved and cared for, and is a lucky baby.
    Anonymous