If you are a Christian,

and you have a Christian friend, who sleeps around and parties all the time.....do you say something? I don't but feel like I should maybe? For her own well being. I'm scared she will catch an STD or get preggers again (she already has 2 she doesn't want basically).
She is a slut. How can she call herself a Christian? The bible talks A LOT about sexual immorality, but I know she doesn't read it or even know that.
Hmm? So would you say something or no?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here is how I would approach it. First of all you need to understand that what she is seeking is to be loved but she has not have a love encounter with Jesus where she comes to a realization that she is precious, beautiful and deeply loved by Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. She needs to have words of life spoken into her spirit. It is important to know whether or not you have the authority to speak into her life. I would start declaring who she is in Christ Jesus and not going around speaking negative about it.. it only give power for her to continue the way she is going and you do not want that. You need to be careful how you approach this. The last thing you want to do is have her put walls up higher than it already is. You want get her to lower the walls so God's love and come in and healing what needs to be healed and break off what needs to be broken off. Finally... LOVE HER where she is at! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• No, you leave her be. She's a big girl, and if you were truly concerned for her wellbeing, you (as a christian) would be worried about her health, but her soul... and would also have been able to refrain from calling her a slut. Jump down off of your pedestal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• she certainly isnĀ“t acting like a Christian, but if YOU are one, you should not judge her and should embrace her, the way Jesus does.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i'd just be her friend. if the conversation came up, i'd voice my piece. i wouldn't preach to her or anything. just be a friend. does she ask you to go out with her? if so, that's a good conversation starter right there. you don't even have to say why you don't think she should be doing it. just politely tell her no and then explain to her why you don't do things like that. that could get her thinking. also, pray for her, that God will put a little voice in the back of her head, telling her she knows what she's doing is wrong.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• no....I wouldn't say anything.....there is nothing I could tell her that she doesn't already know....and if she wanted my advice, she would ask for it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Exactly ObbyDobbie....OP, your friend has heard all that you "feel" you should say to her. Her sexual activity is her business. Good gracious if I set such limitations on my friends I would have one heck of a boring life.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Do you normally have conversations with her about faith, being a Christian and religion? If you want to talk to her about it I would definitely be as tactful as possible, maybe start slow and ask her if she has been to church in a while, how her prayer life is doing, or if she wants to read a religious book with you. Give her an easy question to open the conversation. If she doesn't show interest than maybe it's not the right time.
    People don't like to be told they are doing something wrong, so it is best to guide her into figuring it out for herself.
    If you are close friends that talk frankly with each other then go right ahead. If my best friend was doing that I would come straight out and say "Heather, you are being a slut and you are going to burn in hell..smarten up!" She would laugh and then we would have a serious conversation about it.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• She is backslidden in rebellion. I would bring up how she is feeling spiritually and go from there using scriptures..Psalm 51:3 NLT "For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night." Job 13:23 NLT "Tell me, what have I done wrong? Show me my rebellion and my sin." Galatians 6:1 NLT "Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Kimmers- people like you, are the reason that christianity has such a bad wrap. No one has the right to shove religion down anyone else's throat, period.

Gandhi said it best.... *shakes head*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• Are her children being neglected because of her lifestyle? Are they in any danger or suffer in any way from what she's doing? As long as her children are being provided adequate care I don't think you should say anything, at least in terms of religion. If you're worried she'll end up getting an STD or something, I don't think its wrong to ask her if she's being safe, to talk about those kinds of risks and let her know you worry about her - in a loving, nonjudgmental way. But I think, when it comes to the aspect of right/wrong regarding to religion it should be between her and God. As long as she's not trying to drag you along, and as long as her children are provided for, I really don't think its your place. Not that I'm trying to be harsh or anything, I think its only natural we worry about our friends' wellbeings. Its just that we can't make people live according to our standards, whatever those standards may be...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2011